Reason for -no-stl in qt-copy configure recommendation?

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Mon Apr 28 20:18:35 BST 2003

On Monday 28 April 2003 15:09, Werner Trobin wrote:
> >    So why not implement this in kde-qt-addons or something like that if
> > TT can't accept that?  I am fully aware of how STL works:
>
> #1 You were asking for an example, I gave one :-)  (a better example might
> have been QTL's we-need-a-default-constructor foible)
>
> #2 I know that you program both QTL and STL, see #1. I didn't intend to
> offend you or anyone else.

   I didn't think you were trying to offend me.  I guess my wording was not
very clear.  I meant that I would like to see him enforce that in KDE, STL
may only be used for things that cannot be done with Qt.

> #3 I wonder how it would be less "bloat" to implement it again and again
> (in kde-qt-addons), instead of using the perfectly tested std::vector?

   Well either way they have to get instantiated - they're templates.
Anyways, we already have this with everything else in Qt, right?

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/