Moving kmyfirewall.

Marc Mutz Marc.Mutz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Apr 27 20:39:40 BST 2003

On Saturday 26 April 2003 20:30, Christian Hubinger wrote:
<snip>
> Please let me know what all needs to be done before it can be moved
> so that i can focus on that issues.
<snip>

Hmm, I have only v0.9.4 handy, but there are a few things I noticed:

1. The disclaimer dialog that comes up on first start. No other app in
   KDE CVS I know of has this. Please consider removing it.
2. The _name_. Could we find something more creative?
   My girl-friend suggests either "Kandle" ("If you throw a candle where
   there's something flammable, you'll get a fire wall")
   or "KHayStack" (obvious)
3. It's IPTables-only. Maybe abstract away the tool-dependance and make
   it a cross-platform tool?

If it becomes cross-platfor, I'd say move it to kdeadmin, else to
kdeextragear.

Marc

--
History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of
urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.