Moving kmyfirewall.

Klas Kalass klas.kalass at gmx.de
Sun Apr 27 14:55:36 BST 2003

Am Samstag, 26. April 2003 20:30 schrieb Christian Hubinger:
> Hi!
>
> I'm the author and maintainer of kmyfirewall which is currently in
> kdenonbeta. I read the CVS-DIGEST about moving it to kdeextragear or
> kdenetwork and i'm a little bit suprised when i read that KMF is not
> maintained as i'm maintaining it on a relative regular basis (depending on
> my work and university nut at least in holidays i work on it).
>
> So if its just that you need a maintainer to move it you have one and i
> would be really happy to see it somewhere in the official kde releses.
> Currently i'm working on some long planed features and i think that i'll
> release the next version quiet soon as it also fixes some really nasty
> bugs. The app is very stable (didn't crash for a long time) so i don't see
> a reason not to move it to a official module. The quality of the code is in
> my view ok but i'm not really an expert programmer (it my firs big C++ app)
> so some feedback from you about it would be very welcome to help me improve
> it.
>
> Please let me know what all needs to be done before it can be moved so that
> i can focus on that issues.
Judging from your mail you already fullfill the requirements for the extra
gear, but keep in mind that the extra gear is not released as a module. You
need to do releases yourself, have a look at
http://www.kde.org/areas/extragear/ .

Please ask sysadmin at kde.org to move the app to kdeextragear-2 and to give you
commit rights for the website.
And do not forget to subscribe yourself to the mailing list!

Regards,
  Klas