Vertical text (Was: Re: kmix maintanence - please direct bugreports to me)

Arnold Krille kde at arnoldarts.de
Thu Apr 24 13:35:41 BST 2003

On Thursday 24 April 2003 12:04, Christian Esken wrote:
> Am Thursday 24 April 2003 09:18 schrieb Arnold Krille:
> > On Wednesday 23 April 2003 23:27, Christian Esken wrote:
> > > BTW: Do we have a widget that shows vertical text?
> > > This is really needed for kmix, as showing horizontal labels makes kmix
> > > to wide, especially with ALSA (cards often have there 30, 40 or more
> > > controls).
> > Could such a label be made public? I would need such one in aRts for the
> > Mixers...
> If there are >2 applications demanding this, it might be a good idea. But

Okay, could this be committed to a dir compiled before kdemm/arts ? Or maybe
it should go into kdemm/arts? Otherwise kmix would have to be compiled before
kdemm and so couldn't use its features ;-)

I would prefer adding this class to kdemm/arts/gui/kde and installing the
header. So I can spend some time to make a arts-widget with it and will not
need to copy the code...

Arnold