Move KRename to KDE CVS

Stefan Gehn sgehn at gmx.net
Wed Apr 23 18:23:53 BST 2003

Moin,

On Mittwoch April 23 2003 12:17, Dominik Seichter wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 22. April 2003 12:02 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
> > Sorry, I'm not convinced. I doubt batch renaming files is just an often
> > done task that we need an extra KDE tool for it in the base distribution.
>
> I think it is quite usual, mainly for people which have digital photo
> cameras and have to handle a lot of pictures and for people with bigger
> music collections on their harddisks. KRename is extremly useful for this
> tasks (and others, too).

And don't forget simple things like converting all files in a directory to
uppercase/lowercase or strip off some prefix/suffix. I for instance wouldn't
know out of my head how to do that (mc would help me here but I prefer using
konq) and reading docs like mad just to come up with your own script is not
what desktop users want (and sometimes it just HAS to be fast).

I'm all for adding krename, it surely needs a better UI (I prefer wizards for
"first time" things, later they just annoy you) but that's nothing you cannot
fix :)

Bye, Stefan aka mETz
--
sgehn_AT_gmx.net | ICQ#51123152 | Moege der Pinguin mit euch sein