form autocompletion behaviour

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Wed Apr 23 14:01:10 BST 2003

On Wednesday 23 April 2003 07:52, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Die, 22 Apr 2003, Dawit A. wrote:
> > And even this has been fixed for ages. Press Shift+Enter if you do not
> > want to activate the selection.
>
> using the "Enter" key to cancel a selection?

No, you misunderstood. If you want to cancel the pop-up completion box, you
simply press ESC. If you want to select an item from the list without
activating it, i.e. submitting the form, highlight the item and press
Shift+Enter. The pop-up completion box has worked like that for a very long
time and from reading the bug report, it looks to me like people simply did
not know there was a way to select an item from the completion box without
activating form submission.

Regards,
Dawit A.