Reason for -no-stl in qt-copy configure recommendation?

Marc Mutz Marc.Mutz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Apr 23 11:11:35 BST 2003

Hi!

What's the reason for having -no-stl in the recommended configure line
for Qt?

It's breaking STL algorithms acting on Qt container classes (some
typedefs are omitted if QT_NO_STL is in effect).

Since the QTL is rather limited (I'm currently needing unique()), I'd
really love to use the STL algorithms on Qt containers.

Since we already use STL containers (e.g. in arts IIRC), the STL itself
shouldn't be a problem, should it?

Can we change the recommendation -no-stl to -stl for HEAD/3.2 then,
please?

Marc

--
The first casualty of war is the truth.