Removal of KEdit

Joseph Wenninger jowenn at kde.org
Sun Apr 20 17:40:32 BST 2003

Hi

I haven't followed the thread completely, so perhaps my proposal is a
littlebit silly.

A long time ago I modified kwrite to be a shell for any ktexteditor
kpart. It doesn't work that well at the moment, but it should be fixable
easily

1) replace the outdated dialogs in kedit with the one
2) wrap a ktexteditor interface around the editor widget
3) move it to kdebase. (Looking at the sources it doesn't look that big)
4) set the default editor of kwrite to that component
5) scrap the kedit stand alone app. perhaps add a kedit->kwrite link

=> only two editors, instead of 3
*)one for developers who like the kate part and for the quanta app,
which relies on the katepart features
*)one for ordinary users

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger