Removal of KEdit

Guillaume Laurent glaurent at telegraph-road.org
Sat Apr 19 14:50:07 BST 2003

On Saturday 19 April 2003 15:25, Neil Stevens wrote:
> Base features are meaningless.  The only important comparison is a
> feature-by-feature list.  "Base features" don't matter when people go to
> use KEdit features that don't exist in KWrite.

Absolutely. Given the thousands of possible ways to edit text, I think we
actually don't have enough text editors as it is. It's now universally
admitted that Unix lost the desktop to Windows in a large part because it
didn't have enough text editors. And since we're oh-so-better than the
Eeeevil and Stooopid proprietary software editors, and have unlimited time
and manpower available, I suggest we start right away to write more text
editors. A few ideas for inspiration :

- a text editor which won't echo anything you type, for autists.

- a text editor with a window constantly shaking for people with Parkinson's
syndrome

- a text editor showing text upside down, for people who spend a significant
part of their lives in that position (yogis, trapezists come to mind...)

--
						Guillaume.
						http://www.telegraph-road.org