application/x-perl vs text/x-perl

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Mon Apr 14 13:33:27 BST 2003

On Sunday 13 April 2003 16:04, Clarence Dang wrote:

> So is this patch ok?  Scott?
> Disclaimer: I know absolutely nothing about PERL (atm, anyway) - I'm just
> interested in getting rid of conflicting patterns.

Yes, that's probably fine.  I feel compelled to be a bit pedantic and to point
out that a .pl file needn't be executable.  Traditionally that was a "Perl
library", but in the last few years it's the most common extension for Perl
applications.  But in the prior case the executable mode bit won't be set...

Cheers,

-Scott

--
The three chief virtues of a programmer are: laziness, impatience and hubris.
--Larry Wall