Time to move kmyfirewall?

Unai Garro Arrazola Unai.Garro at ee.ed.ac.uk
Thu Apr 10 22:57:17 BST 2003

From what I see kmyfirewall is not being maintained too often lately. The last
change was done more than a month ago. That's a shame, since I find it in
really good state and seems to be the best tool around to set up iptables.

The current state in the CVS is that it doesn't build but it's pretty simple
to be fixed (KMyFirewallConfigDialog seems to have been renamed, when
kmyfirewall.cpp  still looks for KMFirewallConfigDialog). I just got it built
and it seems to work (tm).

Now, as it's working better than other stuff around... wouldn't it be a good
idea to test it and decide to move it to kdenetwork? This way, if the author
agrees, some more maintainers could put their fingers on it to fix the rest
of the bugs.

I just don't want to loose a tool that is so good.

Best regards,

	Unai

--
Learn from other people's mistakes, you don't have time to make your own.