K menu problems

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Sun Apr 6 14:37:02 BST 2003

On Sunday 06 April 2003 08:48, Andras Mantia wrote:
> 1. First, the menu order is wrong. After removing the local and global
> applnk directories and reinstalling the menus from the packages, I have the
> following order:

Remarkable, I was under the impression that these menus where sorted
alphabetically.

> It's not sorted correctly. In the Menu Editor it appears in the correct
> order. How can I sort the items now? Also the submenus and menu items are
> sorted incorrectly.
>
> 2. PIM has Address Book and LDAP Lookup, but Kontact and KOrganizer are in
> Applications. Shouldn't all of this be in the same place? Maybe KMail also
> belongs there.

Everything that gets installed in Applications is a bug.

> 3. I cannot remove the Settings-Modules. It is completely redundant, as I
> can also access with the Preferences menu.

The Settings-Modules menu is supposed to be provided by kde-settings.directory
and is supposed to contain a "NoDisplay=true".

Can you check if that's the case? Can you also check if you have any
share/applnk/Settings/.directory files around?

Cheers,
Waldo