How about these (non-kssl) patches?

Alex Zepeda zipzippy at sonic.net
Mon Sep 30 20:52:59 BST 2002

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 02:19:03PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> Taking that later linux kernel output core.<pid> for multithreaded programs.
> Here it becomes ugly to use patterns. It really should. Core files have a very
> simple ELF signature. I would remove the whole Patterns line.

Well.  I'm all for removing the patterns (not much use for me since all my
core dumps end up in one directory anyhow), however not everyone using KDE
uses ELF binaries.  Certainly Darwin users don't, and probably won't,
ever.  Then there's NetBSD, I believe some of the platforms it supports
still use a.out.. I'm unsure about OpenBSD.  I'm sure there are signatures
for all those core dumps, can our mimemagic stuff handle that?

- alex