KIO HTTP: Post-Content type bug in http.c and SOAPAction header

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Mon Sep 30 00:05:28 BST 2002

On Sunday 29 September 2002 17:54, Tim Jansen wrote:
> Hi...
>
> I would like to do two changes in kdelibs/kioslave/http/http.cc (HEAD):
>
> 1. A bug fix for the broken Content-Type header field in post requests.
> When you create a post request (using KIO::http_post, for example) and add
> a header as shown in the kdoc example as "content-type" meta-data, the HTTP
> request is broken and looks like this:
> [..]
> [...]
>
> The name of the field ("Content-Type") is missing.

No it is not.  You are supposed to add header element yourself when you
build the content-type meta data.  Your patch breaks khtml ability to do
POST actions properly.

> 2. I would like to add a new kind of metadata called "soapaction". It is
> the content of a "SOAPAction" header field, as required by SOAP 1.1. I know
> it is a little bit late to add a feature, but it is trivial and should not
> harm any other code.

I 've no objection to the patch for this.  I dunno how Waldo feels about it.
I think he's on vacation, but might be checking email so often.  You might
want to wait until he comments on it.

Regards,
Dawit A.