KPasswordEdit patch (was Re: new widgets...)

Marc Mutz Marc.Mutz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Sep 29 16:00:12 BST 2002

On Sunday 29 September 2002 01:54, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
<snip>
> I'm not sure I understand this need for wiping the password. Suppose
> you don't wipe it and it gets somehow written on disk, either through
> a core dump, or on the swap. Then what ?
<snip>

Please try the following: Get an ebay account and get yourself some used
HDs. Then scan their contents with a forensic toolkit. ;-)

If you found something, dd if=/dev/urandom of=hd it, then take it to the
nearest data recovery company and tell them, a hacker wiped your disk,
but there were important files. You're bound to get them back ;-)

Marc

--
memAlloc() Amnesia Error: Out of Memory