XML Gui rocks (was: Extending XML GUI to include context menus)

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Sun Sep 29 13:59:08 BST 2002

On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 02:09:22PM +1000, Don Sanders wrote:
> I was just about to post this request for XML Gui context menus when I
> "gg:KDE XML Gui context menu" and found the Context menus section of:
>
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/kdeqt/kde3arch/xmlgui.html
>
> You XML Gui guys rock! This gives me a simple way of allowing KMails
> functionality to be extended via plugins.
>
> I want something like a KMAIL_PLUGINS environment variable that
> specifies a directory, KMail will load all the kparts in that
> directory. These kparts will use the KMail Kernel DCOP iface to
> implement KActions. Currently these KActions will be listed in
> Configure Shortcuts/Toolbars and they can add new menu entries via
> menubar merging I guess I can merge context menus also, right?

You might want to check out David's chapter about kparts in the KDE
development book, in particular the section about KParts plugin
components that automatically get loaded when a certain part
component gets instantiated
(http://developer.kde.org/documentation/books/kde-2.0-development/ch12lev1sec9.html)

Simon