kcombobox wheelmouse scrolling

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Sat Sep 28 20:05:12 BST 2002

Hi!

The feature in %subj; is broken IMHO. If you look through
kde-bugs-dist mail archive you will notice that about every
third mail changes some parameters that the author didn't
intend.

The reason is that it's just too easy to change the combo
box value without an option to revert it. I think, having to
open the combo box and then beeing able to scroll in it
is easy enough and can't happen by accident.

The other problem is if you wheel mouse over konqueror's
location bar, it will load another page. The fact is that
changing a combobox has immediate effect, but a wheel
mouse shouldn't change anything but the view.

So I think, this feature in it's current form should be removed
asap and noone I talked with has disagreed so far.

Greetings, Stephan