keditbookmarks / klipper interaction

Alexander Kellett lypanov at kde.org
Fri Sep 27 09:56:49 BST 2002

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 02:32:24AM +0200, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> > (note, i'm running 3.1, maybe its just a bug there?)
>
> I didn't test Qt 3.1 yet, but I will soon.
>
> One thing I see in keditbookmarks:
>
>     QApplication::clipboard()->setData( data );
>     slotClipboardDataChanged(); // don't ask
>
> slotClipboardDataChanged() will be called automatically via QClipboard's
> dataChanged() signal (setData() will cause dataChanged() being emitted).

i noticed that and tried the removal but it didn't appear to
change much massively and i was scared that the "// don't ask"
comment might just be a hint of a bug :)

david? could you comment on that line? if you remember it still? :)

> Also, you should specify the Mode QClipboard::Clipboard in setData() and
> data().
>
> Can you test if that improves the situation at least a bit?

yes. cutting is now pretty much instant in all klipper modes.
i've only been testing for a little while though so i'll
give it some real life testing over the next few days.

in any case, thanks!, it seems to have fixed it for me at least!

i've commited to keditbookmarks, so if anyone else noticed this
please cvs up and retest.

Alex