Bug in KAction::initPrivate

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Fri Sep 27 09:22:09 BST 2002

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 07:45:39PM +0200, Ellis Whitehead wrote:
> On Thursday 26 September 2002 15:26, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> > That's a new feature in Qt3.1, it warns about braindamaged signal
> > declarations. The thing is that KAction declares activated( int )
> > and KListAction as well. This makes few sense :)
> >
> > So that's a third problem ;-) . It will get fixed if we revert the
> > name-magic{42} or if someone removes the activated( int ) signal
> > declaration in KListAction (these two fixes are mutually exclusive
>
> How does name-magic{42} play a role in anything?  The only time that could
> cause a problem is with a KListAction that has "{#}" in the name, since
> otherwise the connection is properly ignored in KAction::initPrivate().

Yes, sorry, that was a mistake in my interpretation of Martijn's
problem (I didn't see the int->void mapping). The reasony why I
think the activated(int) warning will disappear when reverting
name-magic is because it means that the activated(int) signal
disappears from the KAction base class -> no more warning.

But you're right, there is no bug in your code that caused any of
the problems mentioned in this thread.

Simon