new widgets...

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Thu Sep 26 19:06:56 BST 2002

On Thursday 26 September 2002 02:13, Pupeno wrote:
> On Thursday 26 September 2002 01:54, Zack Rusin wrote:
> > corner. We would have to create a whole new tabwidget from the
> > scratch which is what I started doing some time ago, but I
> > postponed all my work on it. I'll start working on it again once
> > 3.1 is out.
>
> How far did you reach ? is your source code available somewhere ?

No, I never got to a point where it would be working.

> Does it make sense to write a whole new tab widget, if that's
> necesary, instead of modifing QTabWidget and sending patchs to the
> Trolls ? Thank you.

Well, you modify things that are behaviorally broken and rewrite things
that are conceptually broken. Modifying QTabWidget would involve
rewriting it - which is what KTabWidget/KTabBar would try to achieve.

Zack

--
Keep your friends close. Keep your enemies in a little jar on your
desk.