new widgets...

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Thu Sep 26 06:54:33 BST 2002

On Wednesday 25 September 2002 21:52, Pupeno wrote:

> While developing Proklam I've found some limitations in some widgets
> and the needs for others.
> - - KTabWidget: child of QTabWidget with improvments, like the
> posiblity to put a button in the Tab like QTella have, to close the
> tab for example... we could borrow the source from QTella directly.
> Some other improvementes could be done.

Nope, we couldn't. QTella doesn't have any buttons on their tabs. They
have static pixmaps looking just like buttons. They use plain QTabBar.
KTabWidget as a child of QTabWidget also doesn't make any sense.
QTabBar and QTabWidget are way to limited to inherit from them. The
list of QTab's is private, so is drawing of the arrow buttons in the
corner. We would have to create a whole new tabwidget from the scratch
which is what I started doing some time ago, but I postponed all my
work on it. I'll start working on it again once 3.1 is out.

Zack

--
Asking if computers can think is like asking if submarines can swim.