Bug w/ bugzilla and loadbalancing

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Sat Sep 21 00:17:02 BST 2002

On Saturday 21 September 2002 00:21, Gervase Markham wrote:

> > Right. My fix would be to put the IP in the cookie path. That would solve
> > the actual problem that your cookie for IP A goes away as soon as IP B
> > appears. Of course you still had to relogin on IP change.
>
> Er... so how does that fix anything, then? :-) The idea is to not have
> to relogin on IP change.
OK, but you wouldn't need to login in again when it changes back. Imagine
you use a laptop that changes IP depending if you're in the office or at home
(not that unlikely I suppose):

Currently you have to relogin whenever you change location/IP. With the
purposed patch you can give up any security (taking that the home is in
some dialup network while the office is in the company's network - not
even class B net) or relogin on any change.

My suggestion is: keep the IP in the cookie path, so you have to login for
any new IP, but never again as long as you have the cookie.

Greetings, Stephan