Bug w/ bugzilla and loadbalancing

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Thu Sep 19 20:48:52 BST 2002

On Thursday 19 September 2002 20:46, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
> Moin!
>
> Currently when I confirm a bug and want to step to the next, bugzilla keeps
> asking be to reauthenticate. After talking other people here that use
> bugzilla on other projects, it turned out that bugzilla somehow uses the IP
> address for authentification. Our proxy appearently does load-balancing, so
> my IP-Address is not always the same.
>
> Can we fix bugzilla in a way so it just relies on cookies?
It does check per IP and username if your cookie is correct. I have not really
an idea why. The docu doesn't give any reason why you need to relogin on
IP change and I can't find a bug report for bugzilla that states a reason.

But I feel unsafe in changing that. Could someone explain?

Greetings, Stephan