Fwd: KDE.org pages

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Thu Sep 19 18:29:16 BST 2002

On Thursday, 19 September 2002 12:41, Klaus Staerk wrote:
> the last days, I was thinking and brainstorming, hacking and painting about
> a new Keramik-like layout for the KDE webpages.
>
> Now here's a first preview of what I worked out. You can find it in KDE CVS
> at www/international/germany/todo/keramik
>
> or (within an hour) online at
>
> http://www.kde.de/todo/keramik/index.html (it's already online now)

IMHO, a huge lot of info available in the current design is lost with yours. I
can't find resemblance with Keramik (thought you intentioned it). The
vertical blue (large) border on left is wasted space. The "Announcements"
etc. titles are unreadable (almost white on white) etc.

I believe that with web design the "release early" strategy fails, as "first
impression counts". I definitely favor current design in a comparison.

Thanks for your attention

Cristian Tibirna .. tibirna at sympatico.ca
PhD student .. ctibirna at giref.ulaval.ca .. www.giref.ulaval.ca/~ctibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. www.kde.org