Fwd: KDE.org pages

Klaus Staerk klaus.staerk at gmx.net
Thu Sep 19 17:41:38 BST 2002

Hi Christoph,
Hi all,

> after we now got a very "modern" style & artwork for the kde 3.1
>  release, wouldn't it be a good idea to redesign our webpages to match
>  to the new style of kde ? They haven't changed since years and look
>  more and more outdated (from point of style) in contrast our software
>  style.
> We could for example post a "design contest" for the kde.org homepage
>  on dot.kde.org or on the mailinglists. Or we perhaps have even some
>  volunteers ;)

Here's my little announcement about a new KDE webpage layout that I posted
already yesterday to kde-www and www-de:

the last days, I was thinking and brainstorming, hacking and painting about a
new Keramik-like layout for the KDE webpages.

Now here's a first preview of what I worked out. You can find it in KDE CVS at
www/international/germany/todo/keramik

or (within an hour) online at

http://www.kde.de/todo/keramik/index.html (it's already online now)

I placed this layout just temporarily to this place (didn't know where else to
place it ...).

Maybe we have a first structure with this now - please let me know what you
think about it. Please keep in mind that it's still "alpha", so: there's no
such thing as validated (X)HTML, CSS or PHP. ;-)

The headline "the K Desktop Environment" is also just a dummy for the moment.
And I still haven't found a place for the hotspot and the "search"-function
yet.

Please feel free to distribute this information to other KDE mailing lists (as
for e.g. people from the "devel corner" asked for a new layout, too)

Best regards,

Klaus

--
    |   klaus staerk   |   klaus.staerk at gmx.net   |   staerk at kde.org   |