kdenetwork/kmail

Antonio Larrosa Jiménez larrosa at kde.org
Thu Sep 19 10:09:51 BST 2002

El Jueves, 19 de Septiembre de 2002 01:46, Aaron J. Seigo escribió:
> to be fair, i did indeed voice concerns about how kmail development has
> been managed from the perspective of a non-core KMail developer who does
> contribute to that project, and i believe there were those who agreed
> with me. i don't care if michael remains the maintainer of kmail or not
> and would be as happy as ever if he stayed on, but it isn't true that
> Don is the only one who feels that kmail devel could be handled
> differently to the betterment of the project.

I agree with you in every point (after having contributed a couple of
patches to KMail)

> but life has trade-offs, and in this case the trade-offs include a
> pattern of development that is at times excruciatingly slow and
> overbearingly dominated by a select few individuals. patches have been
> ignored, needed features are slow to arrive, contributors have been
> discouraged,

I'm not on the kmail mailing list, so I can only talk about my own
experience that it's true that patches have been ignored and contributors
discouraged (at least me, and I sent a mail in that time to the kmail
mailing list saying that, so I'm not talking "behind their backs").

I hope some consensus is reached where Michael and Don agree and no
developer ever gets discouraged again to develop on kmail.

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez
KDE core developer - larrosa at kde.org
http://devel-home.kde.org/~larrosa/
Try not to have a good time...This is supposed to be educational --C.Schulz