Style Commit policy

Ryan Cumming ryan at completely.kicks-ass.org
Thu Sep 19 04:56:56 BST 2002

On September 18, 2002 20:49, Charles Samuels wrote:
> I'm becoming somewhat annoyed by the "Style guide" fixes from several
> developers.
>
> I don't need to be told HOW to get the differences, I want to be WHAT the
> differences are.

You have to realize that some of these commits are not trivial single-line
changes, especially when an app is in a poor state of style-guide compliance.

Also, I believe that the style-guide commits are no more annoying in that
regard than people who simply list a bug number, such as your "bug 42222"
commit. They both provide little information in the log message and require
some indirection to figure out what actually changed.

-Ryan