kdenetwork/kmail

Don Sanders sanders at kde.org
Wed Sep 18 09:18:22 BST 2002


On Wednesday 18 September 2002 16:38, Michael H├Ąckel wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> On Wednesday 18 September 2002 08:05, Don Sanders wrote:
> > Due to overwhelming demand by make_it_cool contributors and
> > interested parties, and due to the recent negotiations that have
> > commenced I request the trial be postponed until after the 3.1
> > release.
>
> What trial? I though you offered reconciliation?
> Does this mean you take back your offer now after I accepted it?

Just saying I'm allowed to fork is not sufficient action for me to 
consider my offer accepted.

I don't consider my offer accepted until the KMail2 package and its 
dependencies have been accepted into cvs, preferable into kde-pim so 
that I can work on it, that's what I mean by "work on KMail2".

It seems we can't come to an agreement regarding my zero-copy parsing 
patch, and I consider that a fix for a grave bug and a security flaw 
and a patch that merits a fork if it is not accepted. 

Now many people have asked that I wait until KDE 3.1 is released 
before I fork proper so that's what I would like to do, wait until 
KDE 3.1 is released.

Don.





More information about the kde-core-devel mailing list