Configuring the Red Hat Linux desktop

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Fri Sep 13 20:40:39 BST 2002

Hi,

With all the recent brouhaha about how we are configuring
the desktops in Red Hat Linux, I thought it would be useful
to step back a bit and try to explain briefly just what what
we are doing and why we are doing it.

I've put this up as:

 http://people.redhat.com/otaylor/rh-desktop.html

I'd be interested in feedback, especially in suggestions
about how Red Hat can pursue our goal of tightly integrating
the desktop into the rest of our operating system in a way
that the desktop projects find acceptable.

Please send such feedback to me personally, and I'll post a
summary of the more interesting ideas.

Thanks,
                                    Owen