[Kroupware] Re: Preannounce: Kroupware Project started

Marc Mutz Marc.Mutz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Sep 12 17:55:01 BST 2002

On Thursday 12 September 2002 17:47, Hamish Rodda wrote:
<snip>
> > It currently lacks the ability to return the sieve capabilities of
> > the server in meta data. Are you interested in implementing that in
> > either slave?
>
> Yep, I've dug out my old code and made the modification - it sets the
> capabilities as metadata on the result of any stat().

Hmm, you know that the capabilities are returned by most servers as part
of the greeting? stat() sounds like it would need to be in logged in
state to get that. Is that correct? That would be bad, since you want
to be able to query the server for features w/o logging in, probably.

How do you mark the active script? Executable?

>  I'm also
> working on the last few features that managesieve supports.  Where
> should I put it when it's done? kdenonbeta... maybe as
> kio_managesieve?

The official URL protocol is "sieve". So I'd either ask Simon if you can
replace his in kdenonbeta or you wait until 3.1 is tagged and commit as
kdenetwork/kioslaves/sieve...

> > Q> require [ "regex", "body" ];
> > Q> if body :regex "(.*)*" { ... }
> >
> > can be pretty nasty. ;-)
>
> I see... still, this is hopefully something only advanced users would
> do, and they could be discouraged with friendly advice in the GUI, or
> by disabling the regex module.
<snip>

Actually, it's the server's regex implementation that has to deal with
this issue. There are ways to make a regexp engine robust against such
stuff, but e.g. QRegExp (at least in 3.0.x) performs not very well.

Marc

--
"Similia similibus currentur"
           -- Bush's new motto in fighting terrorism.