Network Printer Management Tool (-> CVS)

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Thu Sep 12 15:37:17 BST 2002

Lubos Lunak wrote:

> On Thursday 12 September 2002 13:24, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:

>>kdenonbeta is huuuuuge. 50% doesn't compile for me and needs a lot
>>of manual Makefile corrections. skli doesn't fit in there (other
>>than increasing the compilation rate success to 50,5%... ;-)
>>

>  You can remove all subdirs except for the ones you want or need before you
> run Makefile.cvs , that should help with those 50%.

Thanks for the tip.

>>kdeextragear-1 (as I understand) is a temporary repository for
>>projects which are "not yet there" (and whose final home in KDE
>>is not yet decided), but should catch the eye of more developers
>>and CVS users...

>  No, that's kdenonbeta. Kdeextragear is no temporary repository.

In this case I've misunderstood. I thought the modules in there
(vimpart, k3b, cdbakeoven....) are only there until they are mature
to find their final home (or until the "one" is choosen from various
competing ones...). So the concept of kdeextragear-1 isn't clear to
me any more. I tried to find the mail where its purpose was once
explained, but I can't...