Preannounce: Kroupware Project started

Don Sanders sanders at kde.org
Wed Sep 11 08:10:54 BST 2002

Hi Kalle,

How does this project relate to the changes I am working on in the
KMail  make_it_cool branch?

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kmail&m=103165356723524&w=2

The most important change I'm working on is better kde-pim, KMail
integration and I hope that you can benefit from those changes.

This branch is development focussed rather than politically focussed,
with the two following exceptions.

I would like to move forward with my donate to a bug idea

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=102974311107311&w=2

and I would like to meet all the developers that I clsoely work with
and sit down and talk to them. Not immediately but I want to aim for
once every three years.

Kalle I was aware that the German government was interested in
sponsoring such a project as kroupware before I began working on the
make_it_cool.

At the stage I learned about the groupware project I had already
relocated to Australia and had begun serious work on fixing
architectural problems like my independent commands patch, and
workingon vFolder support. In fact contrary to popular opinion my
primary focus when working with KMail has for a long been fixing
architectural problems but sometimes it takes a long time to realize
what exactly the architectural problems are, and even longer to work
out how best to solve them.

Kalle, I like you, I want us to be friends, a very real reason why I'm
working on these changes is that I hope that they can help you and
Klarälvdalens Datakonsult. I want to see your company achieve every
possible success.

Now I do feel serious grief about the way my return to active KMail
development has been received:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kmail&m=103165950728283&w=2

But I want you to know that a large part of my motivation for working
on make_it_cool is to help you, **I want to help you Kalle**.

Given that I have been up front about my political ambitions do you
think we will be able to work together in a mutually beneficial way?

Your friend and admirer,
Don Sanders