Fontconfig...

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Wed Sep 11 06:03:36 BST 2002

On Monday 09 September 2002 10:47 pm, Neil Stevens wrote:
|  On Monday September 09, 2002 11:47, Vadim Plessky wrote:
|  > FontConfig (http://fontconfig.org) is independent of XFree86 4.3.
|  > Keith released it separatly to speed up code adoption.
|  >
|  > So, I think fontconfig can be added to kdesupport/dependency list, and
|  > used in KDE/KOffice.
|
|  Are you starting that list back up?  Last time someone started one, nobody
|  contributed, so the list wasn't very useful.

You mean, *dependency list*?
To my best knowledge, it's really up to distributor/packager.
I am running Mandrake, all dependencies can be extracted from RPM-specfiles,
if you are interested. So this is really not a problem!

I found that many people are not aware that FontConfig can be used *before*
XFree86 4.3 release. Users are unaware, too.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)