[Kroupware] Re: Preannounce: Kroupware Project started

Martin Konold konold at kde.org
Tue Sep 10 21:03:51 BST 2002

On Tuesday 10 September 2002 09:42 pm, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

Hi Hetz,

> It might be a good time to ask - will there be only KDE client?

No later we will also provide a 100% compatible OSS Client for the Windows
platform but currently we emphasize our efforts in making the KDE client as
good as possible in a very short time.

Right from the beginning we will try to be as comaptible as possible to some
manipulated Outlook 2000 installations.

> I know that
> lots of people want to replace MS Exchange server with something
> alternative, prefferable - open source, so will there be some way to make
> MS Outlook work with your project, same as with MS Exchange?

Yes, I already have a prototype working with Windows 2000 / Outlook 2000
clients and a 100% OSS server. (Email, Calendaring, Notes, ToDos).

BTW: Can anyone explain me what "Journals" are good for?

Regards,
--martin
--
Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold
Stauffenbergstraße 107, 72074 Tübingen, Germany
email: konold at kde.org