lars at trolltech.com
Tue Sep 10 07:30:20 BST 2002
> On Monday 09 September 2002 04:39 pm, Marc Mutz wrote:
> > On Tuesday 10 September 2002 00:54, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > It also means we can require Qt 3.1 for KDE 3.1, although I'm not
> > > exactly sure what kind of advantages Qt3.1 brings over Qt3.0 (Is
> > > there a changelog somewhere?)
> > <snip>
> > www.troltech.com -> developer -> changes
> > Quite impressive, I'd say.
> * QIconFactory - *yay*
> * QPrinter: void setMargins(...) - *yay*
> * QTextEdit offers another TextFormat (LogText), which is optimized (speed
> and memory) for displaying large read-only texts normally used for logging.
> - Sounds great for programs such as ksirc.
Some other important fixes for KDE:
* Q(C)String search & replace methods are a lot faster.
A lot of methods are added for string<->string/char<->char replacement, so
QRegExp can be avoided in lots of places speeding up to code quite a bit.
* Printing of masked images works
* Much improved support for japanese input methods (it should actually be
* Threading improvements:
- All methods and classes in tools/ (with a few exceptions) are reentrant.
- QApp::postEvent &co + QObject construction are threadsafe
* QSyntaxHighlighter to make a syntax highlighter on QTextEdit.
More information about the kde-core-devel