DCOPRef and dynamic stubs ( 3.1? )

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Mon Sep 9 08:46:49 BST 2002

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 04:50:57PM +0200, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> I was playing with the idea to extend DCOPRef to allow using if for calls and
> sends.

Nice! One thing that impressed me very much in Qtopia was
QCopEnvelope, inherited from QDataStream, for sending one-way messages:

DCOPEnvelope( "kdesktop", "default", "void setFoo( int, QString )" )
              << blah << blubb;

I think it would be cool to have such a class in kdelibs, too. But I
don't know if that's possible with regard to licensing...

Another thought: How about changing the DCOPRef constructor to
DCOPRef( const QCString &app, const QCString &obj = "default" ); ?

Simon