Fontconfig...

Craig Drummond Craig.Drummond at gmx.net
Sat Sep 7 18:54:06 BST 2002

On Saturday 07 September 2002 10:56, Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:
> On Saturday 07 September 2002 13:32, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 09:38:29AM +0000, Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:
> > > And even we don't know if qt will have this one in qt 3.1 now...
> >
> > It supports Xft2.
>
> Ok, i know.. I'm refered about fontconfig now in qt 3.1...

Well it doesn't really matter if Qt uses Xft2 or Xft1. Xfree86 4.3 will come
with an Xft1 that uses the fonts.conf configuration format. So even if Qt is
still using Xft1, when this is Xfree 4.3's version then it'll need to be
configured via fonts.conf.

The idea is to have a configure check for fontconfig, and if this exists
kcontrol/fonts and kcontrol/kfontinst will alter fonts.conf and not
xftconfig. The rational being that if fontconfig exists, then it is almost
certain that the Xft libraries will be built against it.

Craig.