Clipboard problems (yes, again)

Hasso Tepper hasso at estpak.ee
Thu Oct 31 10:37:01 GMT 2002

Neil Stevens wrote:
> On Thursday October 31, 2002 01:58, David Faure wrote:
> > On Thursday 31 October 2002 10:47, Hasso Tepper wrote:
> > > Paste to Konsole from clipboard is Shit+Insert, from selection
> > > Ctrl+Shift+Insert. Why it is this way? Syncing was the only way
> > > for my coworkers using KDE to get back old behavior "select
> > > something with mouse and paste it with Shift+Insert" they were
> > > using for years. Or I just don't know other way to do it? Is
> > > there any other way?
> >
> > If they select with the mouse, why don't they paste with the
> > mouse (MMB)? This feels much more consistent than "select with
> > mouse, paste with Shift+Insert".
>
> That only makes sense if you have the user model of two clipboards.
>  But after years of KDE 1 and 2, people have learned to see it as
> one clipboard.
>
> Default it to 2 clipboards if you must, but supporting the KDE 2
> behavior (possibly with Klipper) is a nice way to reward users who
> have stuck by KDE a long time.

Problem is not "supporting the KDE2 behavior". Problem is that many
users don't use only KDE. Many of my coworkers spend most of time in
CDE. And "select with mouse, paste with Shift+Insert" works there.
AFAIK it works even in console. It worked for years. And now it
doesn't work?!? KDE is shit ... :)

--
Hasso Tepper
KDE Estonian Team