Clipboard problems (yes, again)

Alexander Kellett lypanov at kde.org
Wed Oct 30 15:40:11 GMT 2002

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 07:22:39AM -0800, Neil Stevens wrote:
> Come on... if something is buggy, you fix it, you don't run away from it.
> Hiding buggy things won't get them fixed.

This at first seems like a mail that was really done
for the good of KDE. This really is a most astute pov
to take. Very well done.

</sarcasm>

> And now we have your true motivation.  You're just trying to remove feature
> to attempt to bully all KDE users into using the clipboard the way *you*
> want them to, despite the fact that countless KDE users might be perfectly
> happy with the KDE 2 clipboard behavior.

By this point of the mail I kinda get the idea that, well,
don't you maybe think that you might just be hurting the
development process ever so slightly?

Most of Seli's points were really well made. AFAIK there has
always been a cut off point for feature buggyness beyond which
applications/features should really be "cut out". This seems
really quite obvious to me that this is the case as otherwise
kdenonbeta would be shipped with KDE proper. We are pretty
close to release and most of the points made were very valid.

mvg,
Alex who notes that he loves "synchronization" and would really
like to see Seli's mail "motivate" some fixes to Qt/KClipboard