XML GUI question

Michael Goffioul goffioul at imec.be
Mon Oct 28 16:22:54 GMT 2002

> I'm not exactly sure I understand the problem, but if you want to
> make kghostview's GUI visibile in your dialog then the following
> code snipped should probably work:
>
> KXMLGUIBuilder *builder = new KXMLGUIBuilder( dialog );
> KXMLGUIFactory *guiFactory = new KXMLGUIFactory( builder );
> guiFactory->addClient( ghostviewPart );

> (and possibly later in your destructor)
> guiFactory->removeClient( ghostviewPart );
> delete guiFactory;
> delete builder;
>
> Is that what you mean?

I'm not sure. What's the effect of that code? How do you create the
toolbar? Maybe it's automatically done in addClient. But in the
end, there's no KMainWindow, so the code of KToolBar::loadState()
(which is used to actually create the toolbar) will return
immediately because of the test at the beginning. Am I wrong?

Michael.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul at imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM