Fwd: killer bug (klipper ?)

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Oct 24 10:45:24 BST 2002

On Thursday 24 October 2002 09:19, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Altough cannot say for sure, with yesterday's kdelibs & kdebase (an qt
> 3.1.0-snapshot-20021022) it _seems_ that it does not happen anymore, but
> this was only a quick test. I've tried to reproduce in KDevelop, which was
> not updated in the past weeks.
>
> Andras
>
> On 2002. October 24., Thursday 04:08, Michael Brade wrote:
> > >
> > > for the people on kde-devel klipper seems to be the reason (here, too).
> > > Any bugfixes availabe ? (That bug is rather BAD ! And happens with
> > > fresh kdelibs/kdebase/qt, too)
> >
> > Jep, same here. I guess it's the "Prevent empty clipboard" in Klipper, I
> > disabled that and switched to "Separate clipboard and selection" as well,
> > that fixed it for me.

 I tried updating everything I considered relevant, and I still can reproduce
the problem (I didn't a complete clean update though). It happens when
Klipper is set to any of the two policies which try to synchronize selection
and clipboard. It doesn't happen with Qt-3.0.x though, so it's either a bug
introduced in Qt-3.1, or some Qt change has triggered some flaw in KClipboard
(ranting, mumbling and sighing snipped).

 I'll have a look at it.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer