KDE 3.1 RC1 planned next week

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Mon Oct 21 11:14:58 BST 2002

Am Sunday 20 October 2002 23:54 schrieb Dirk Mueller:
> Hi,
>
> this is a schedule reminder that we plan to tag KDE 3.1 RC 1 next week.
>
> I would like to suggest the following procedure:
>
> - Identify showstoppers, critical and grave bugs that *have* to be fixed
>   before release. Please mark them as such (critical/grave) on
> bugs.kde.org.
>
> - Test the current code to make sure it has no embarrassing regressions.
>
> - Please stop working on the various feature-branches that were created the
>   last few weeks for the time till 3.1 release and help fixing the above
>   list of grave issues.
>
> - Please test compilation of the code on as many platforms as you have
>   access to.
>
> - Please post your patches for review.
>
> Thanks for reading,

I'm not against tagging, but I'd like to have a statement what we do about the
Qt 3.1 issue. Will we delay 3.1 til Qt final is out or go we for 3.0.x? There
are so many issues that only show up with Qt 3.0 (if you ever started a
konsole linked against Qt 3.0.5 you'll know), that I'd very much like to
inrease the required Qt version for this RC.

Greetings, Stephan