thumbnails: images vs picture

Nicolas Goutte nicog at snafu.de
Sun Oct 20 22:01:23 BST 2002

We had the same problem with KOffice (to be exactly for the common picture
support used in KWord and in KPresenter.)

Anything QImage based was named an image, anything QPicture based was named a
cliparts.

I have removed this difference by naming everything "picture."

What I did not like in the difference was that EPS is QImage based. However
from the concept it is more a QPicture. I had also found that user sometimes
did not understand the difference.

In any case, the result for KOffice 1.2 was the removing a much (duplicated)
code.

Have a nice day/evening/night!