configure.in.in patches to help find headers on FreeBSD (and possibly other OS too)

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Sun Oct 20 13:13:39 BST 2002

Hi,

The attached patches allow configure to find various X11 headers that
couldn't be found before (on FreeBSD). They may also help other OS
builds too,

I've not had a chance to try them on any other OS, so they are here for
review before committing.

All the patches are of the form:

s/AC_CHECK_HEADERS/KDE_CHECK_HEADERS/

and *only* for the checks involving X11 headers, as other things seem to
be found okay.

Thanks go to Simon and Stephan for making the admin/ changes to allow
this.

While looking at arts/configure.in.in, it seems to me that there are a
lot of unnecessary checks in there. I have a feeling that these were
just copied when arts was moved from kdelibs to its own module, and
should have been stripped out. However, since they don't seem to
actually break anything, I've not removed them.

A.

--
Andy Fawcett             | "In an open world without walls and fences,
andy at athame.co.uk        |  we wouldn't need Windows and Gates."