accel problems: might be qt-copt, might be kdelibs

Joseph Wenninger jowenn at jowenn.at
Sun Oct 20 10:11:42 BST 2002

Hi

Am Son, 2002-10-20 um 10.23 schrieb Simon Hausmann:

> I think it would be great if KActionCollection would have the
> ability to transparently either use accels or an event filter for
> regular key events to handle the keyboard activation of actions.
> I think that should allow implementing scopes for keyboard
> activation fairly easy, keeping away complexity from KAccel.
>
> (I'd be happy to work on this, in case I manage to convince you of
> the idea, i.e. you agree :)
>
> Simon

If you are talking about redesigning the kaccel, ... classes, please add
a feature, that one KAccel can listen to more than one toplevel window.
It would be usefull for menu/toolbar actions in managed SDI, where the
action collection belongs to the "manager" window, but not to the child
windows.

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger