accel problems: might be qt-copt, might be kdelibs

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Sat Oct 19 16:32:02 BST 2002

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 04:55:43PM +0200, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 01:17:12AM +0200, Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> > > So Marc, Alexander, Ingo, David: shall I commit the patch?  It fixes
> > > the KMail problem Marc initially mentioned.
> >
> > Well, if your patch doesn't break other things than please commit.
>
> Unfortunately the patch breaks ksirc, quite bad. KSirc's lineedit
> listens for AccelOverride events and based on those processes keys.
> With the patch the lineedit receivers two AccelOverride events for
> one keypress. You can imagine the effect ;-)

And this new KAccel x11 event filter breaks more: It allows to
activate shortcuts that are disabled.

This event filter make me wonder: What is it that is so broken in Qt
that KDE has to re-invent the whole wheel and handle X11 key events?
Is it something that can possibly be fixed in Qt? Did anyone report
the problem, yet?

(sorry for the provocative question :)

Simon