accel problems: might be qt-copt, might be kdelibs

Ellis Whitehead ellis at kde.org
Mon Oct 14 21:45:29 BST 2002

On Monday 14 October 2002 11:41, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Sunday 13 October 2002 16:59, Ellis Whitehead wrote:
>
> > Hi.  No need for the keyPressEvent() stuff.  The problem was due to an
> > oversight in the kaccel code: the keyPress event wasn't being stopped
> > after being handled by KAccel.  The attached patch seems to fix it.  It's
> > an ugly hack, but it seems to be working fine, and I'll increase the
> > aesthetic value later. *grin*  It adds a new class, KAccelEventFilter,
> > which adds itself to the kapp x11 event filter list.  KAccelEventFilter
> > then kills the keyPress event if it's handled by KAccel.
> >
> > Seem ok to commit?
>
> It doesn't compile with --enable-final, due to KeyPress, which is already
> undefined in kapplication.cpp

New patch attached.  I'm not using --enable-final, so I didn't test it in that
respect, but the #undef is placed before any k*.h includes.

> The problem in konqy still exists.
> Pressing alt+left goes back and activates the menubar, which then can't be
> deactivated using Escape.

I can't reproduce this, but I'm not using the most recent qt-copy either.  Are
you aware of other people having this problem too?  When you press and
release the Alt key, does it activate the menu?  I'll keep looking to see if
I can find where the problem is.  Not the easiest task when you can't
reproduce it yourself, though...

Cheers,
Ellis