Bug in key event handling of kcompletionbox

Ellis Whitehead ellis at kde.org
Sat Oct 12 09:28:56 BST 2002

On Friday 11 October 2002 09:52, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 12:04:26AM -0700, Ellis Whitehead wrote:
> > Hi Arni,
> >
> > AltGr isn't the only thing that doesn't work.  None of the global
> > shortcuts work either.  I asked a Troll about this, and he said that it's
> > an X11 limitation related to grabbing the keyboard.  I don't know why
> > they have to grab the keyboard for the drop-down box, though...
>
> It's not an X11 limitation, it's because XkbSetPerClientControls
> isn't called. qapplication_x11.cpp makes sure to do so. Are you sure
> you don't have QT_NO_XKB defined when compiling Qt?

I just checked, and XKB is apparently turned on.  At least I get the following
output when running ./config.status again:
XKB Support ......... yes

Any kind of drop-down box disables global shortcuts for me.  The first time I
noticed it was in Nürnberg last March, and at that time it was happening on
all the machines I tried it on...

Ciao,
Ellis