KTextEditor

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Tue Oct 8 21:28:54 BST 2002

On Tuesday 08 October 2002 15:38, David Faure wrote:
> Yes, no problem, and koffice-devel would indeed be the right place
> for this.... but I thought the koffice requirement meant that this
> solution wasn't acceptable?

I never said that. I will extend KTextEditor so that we get access to
the interfaces we need and the users will get to choose the text editor
component they want to use all over KDE. I just want to provide one
that will be a little more advanced than all the others - one derived
from KoText. If users will have KOffice installed then they will get
the global option of using a little more robust KTextEditor component -
one derived from KoText, if they don't have KOffice installed they will
get to choose from other KTextEditor components (Kate, Vim, etc).

Zack

--
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a perl
script.