KTextEditor

Hamish Rodda meddie at yoyo.its.monash.edu.au
Mon Oct 7 14:53:08 BST 2002

Quoting Zack Rusin:
> coloring quoted text like we do in the readerwindow

Shouldn't this be accomplishable via a Kate highlighting definition?

> incremental spell-checking (underlining over misspelled words)

I'd say a simple addition to the interface is not unreasonable, maybe a
few font attributes (not font type / size) and background painting
details.  To be saved and loaded by the calling app.

> more-less all rich text editing capabilities.

Here it would seem to me Kate is a little out of its intended league, and
would more or less turn into a duplication of KWord. It would be
interesting to see what Christoph says but this would require pretty
fundamental changes.

Cheers,

Hamish.